We Offer Pre-Operative and Post-Operative LASIK Care
Medical technology has made it so that you don’t have to wear contacts or corrective lenses if you have poor vision. While LASIK can indeed improve your vision and your outlook on life, it’s essential that you’re properly prepared for the operation and that you take care of yourself and your eyes afterward. If you’re thinking of undergoing LASIK in Vienna or the surrounding areas, Vienna Eyecare Center offers pre- and post-operative care.
Before your surgery, you can expect a full evaluation. This is done to increase the overall success rate of the surgery and make sure you fully understand the surgery, the risks and benefits of the procedure, and what happens afterwards. Specific aspects of LASIK you should understand include:
- Your options besides corrective surgery, such as contact lenses, traditional eyeframes. (multi-focal, bi-focal lenses)
- Post-operative ramifications of surgery
Once you’ve had your surgery and have returned home, some of the things you’ll want to do to speed up your recovery and take proper care of your new vision include:
- Not wearing cosmetics for at least a week
- Not touching your eyes for a least a week
- Wearing proper shades and your eye shield for the initial three nights after your surgery
Call Us if You Have Questions
Learn more about LASIK in Vienna and the local community by calling Vienna Eyecare Center at (703) 938-7633. You’re also welcome to submit a Contact Us form.